How has your tooth color fared over the years? Is it less attractive than you'd like? Have stains accumulated on your front teeth? Well, you can say goodbye to stains and that overall dull look with professional teeth whitening from Osprey, FL, dentist, Dr. Sean Bates. He understands that how your smile looks is so important to your self-esteem and to the image you project to the world.
What stains teeth?
Many things do--smoking, coffee, wine, soy sauce, antihistamines. The list is long, but common to all is their affinity for tooth enamel and the plaque and tartar that stick on and between teeth. Add on the aging process and sometimes poor oral hygiene, and you have the recipe for a smile that's yellow and dingy.
How can you whiten your teeth?
There are many over the counter teeth whitening products on the market in Osprey and in other parts of the country. While many effectively treat very light stains, most do nothing for deep, long-standing stains. Plus, because they are not professional applied or supervised by your dentist, store bought products may produce:
- Dental sensitivity
- Gingival (gum) sensivitity
- Incomplete results, as they cannot effectively reach stains on teeth that are crowded, rotated, or otherwise misaligned
Enter predictable and safe professional teeth whitening in Osprey, FL. Dr. Bates carefully examines the teeth and gums of his cosmetic dentistry patients to confirm they are healthy enough for the application of the powerful hydrogen peroxide gel used in whitening. If they are, Dr. Bates offers the choice of one-hour whitening in his office or take-home whitening gel applied with customized acrylic trays. Both methods brighten smiles by as many as 8 shades of color.
Keeping your smile white
After completion of professional teeth whitening, patients wonder how they can keep their smiles bright. Dr. Bates and his team give the following advice:
- Brush twice a day, and floss every day to remove plaque and tartar that cause bad breath, tooth decay, gum disease and dull, stained enamel.
- See Dr. Bates twice a year for oral exams and professional teeth cleaning.
- Stop smoking or chewing tobacco. (your primary care physician will be happy to help you)
- Get whitening touch-ups as needed.
- Limit consumption of darkly-colored foods and beverages.
- Drink plenty of water every day.
Whitening may be for you
The American Association of Orthodontists states that most people prefer whiter teeth to any other cosmetic improvement (including straightening their smiles). Would you like a simple and cost-effective way to enhance your smile aesthetics? Then, explore professional teeth whitening with Sean R. Bates, DDS & Associates. Call the office today for your personal consultation: (941) 966-4751.