Are you in need of a dental implant?
Dental implants are a restorative procedure that beautifies your smile and restrengthens your jawbone. Your dentist in Osprey, FL, Dr. Sean Bates, is here to help and advise you!
What's a dental implant?
If you're suffering from tooth loss, it's vital to deal with this problem as soon as possible. Tooth loss may lead to serious issues like bone deterioration.
The dental implant procedure consists of the following; a local anesthetic is applied to the necessary area. Your dentist then places a titanium post (a biocompatible material that isn't rejected by the body's tissue) into the jawbone.
The doctor surgically closes the area and allows it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months, while the process of osseointegration takes its full course (the titanium post that acts as the new tooth root fuses with the rest of the bone). When you return, your Osprey dentist will re-open the area, insert an abutment and place a crown over the abutment that matches the rest of your teeth.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Implants have a high success rate compared to other dental restorations.
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile.
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical.
- They are used to fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or all of your teeth.
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods.
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink.
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. Sean Bates can help you out. Call his office, located in Osprey, FL, at (941) 966-4751 to make an appoint today!